UP Farmer Loan Kissan Karz Mafi Yojana
After the clean sweep of seats in the UP poll results by the BJP and coming to a single majority, now it is the time to deliver all the promises they made during poll campaign. One of the crucial poll promise made by the Modi led BJP during Uttar Pradesh elections campaigning was waiving off the farmer loans in the state. Now, the newly elected CM of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath has kept the poll promise and made a declaration of weaving off the farmer loans in the state, within one month of coming to power. This declaration will benefit those small credit holders who took up loans amounting less than or equal to Rs. 1 lakh.
Key Features Kissan Karz Mafi Yojana
Below are some of the important features of the announcement, recently made by CM Yogi Adityanath in Uttar Pradesh regarding loan weaver of the farmers of the state:
- The marginal and small farmers of UP will get benefitted with the announcement of farmer loan weaver by the newly elected Chief Minister. The state will have to consider more than Rs. 36 thousand crore for this purpose.
- Farmer loans amounting up to Rs. 1 lakh will fall under this loan weaver scheme in Uttar Pradesh. This means only those farmers who have taken loans up to Rs. 1 lakh and are unable to pay them will get benefitted with this announcement.
- More than 21 million farmers who belong to marginal and small category will be directly benefitted with this very important decision by the BJP led state govt. in Uttar Pradesh as they had pending loans amounting less or equal to Rs. 1 lakh.
- Total number of farmers in Uttar Pradesh is 2.30 crore, out of which more than 92 per cent will get this loan weaver relief.
- Those farmers who had huge losses due to the natural calamities like floods or draughts will get full benefit of the scheme. Also those farmers who have invested the credit amount into something, but has gradually turned into NPA.
Who are eligible?
All the farmers who are domicile of Uttar Pradesh state and have taken up farmer credit of up to Rs. 1 lakh are eligible to apply for the loan weaver scheme by the state govt. Most of the marginal and small farmers of the Uttar Pradesh will fall under the target beneficiary category. As per data of Agricultural Department, 2.15 crore farmers fall under the category of marginal and small farmers. Nearly 21 million farmers who have pending loan under Rs. 1 lakh will get full benefit of the scheme.
Government Funding Details
Uttar Pradesh CM, Yogi Adityanath has taken a very important decision to weive off the farmer loans in the state, as per the poll promise. After coming to power, he made an announcement where Rs. 36, 359 crore is sanctioned for implementation of the mission. This also includes Rs. 5,630 crore which is due to the NPAs of more than 70 thousand farmers. New bond named the Kisan Rahat will be launched in order to implement the plan.
You can read here, Government launches two mobile phone applications for farmers
Launch Date Of Kissan Karz Mafi Yojana
The decision of loan weaver of farmers was taken during the first cabinet session of the newly formed govt. led by CM Yogi Aditya nath. This cabinet session was held on 4th April, 2017. This decision is the follow up of the previous announcement of the BJP supremo, Shree Narendra Modi during the election campaigns in the state. Several other initiatives and social scheme were also announced along with this. Surprisingly, the date of announcement coincided with the Hindu festival – Ram Navami.
You can read Fasal Bima Yojana In Uttar Pradesh
This decision by CM Yogi Adityanath to provide relief to the small scale farmers in the state was welcome by the other political parties also, including opposition. However, those farmers with loan amount greater than Rs. 1 lakh are highly disappointed by the CM’s decision. The loan weaver scheme will also put many other states to implement similar scheme in the state.