Tractor Distribution Subsidy Scheme In Assam (Apply @ mmscmsguy-assam-gov-in)
With the aim of increasing farmers’ income by 100% within the year 2022, the state government of Assam has started a new agricultural development scheme in the state. The scheme namely Tractor Distribution Scheme will be a part of the umbrella scheme called Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Yojana in Assam. Under this new scheme the state government will distribute tractors in lower than market price, so that they can strengthen the agricultural sector of the state.
On 10th of December 2017, in Sarusajai Stadium, Guwahati, while attending an event organised by the Department of Agriculture, Chief Minister of the state of Assam Shree Sarbananda Sonowal has launched the scheme officially. On this occasion CM Sonowal has handed over few keys of tractors to some farmers as well.
- Tractor Distribution: Under the scheme state authority will distribute tractor in lower price. Total 26, 000 villages will be considered for the scheme. 10, 109 tractors will be distributed across the state to these mentioned villages. Government will provide subsidy on the price of the tractors.
- Beneficiaries: The farmers of the state will be the beneficiaries of the scheme. One farmer from each village will get the tractor at subsidised price. However they have to fulfil the eligibility criteria as well.
- Benefits of the scheme: The main reason behind starting up this scheme is to strengthen the agricultural sector in Assam. After launching the scheme farmers can harvest faster and better than early times. Also there will be subsides price so farmers will not have to spend a high amount for the tractors.
- Implementation: There will be various Units in diverse places, established by the state authority. Those units will be responsible for supervising the implementation of the scheme. In every 3 months farmers will have to report to the units about the work process.
The major portion of the price of the tractors will be paid by the state government of Assam. That is 70% of the total cost will be borne by the state government. Another part of the rest amount that is 20% will be paid by the commercial banks and finally the remaining part, 10% of the cost will be paid by the farmer.
- Firstly farmers who are from the revenue villages and also citizen of Assam will only be eligible for the scheme. Accordingly one farmer from one revenue village will be considered at a time.
- Secondly farmers, who have repaid their previous KCC loans on time or paying them within the deadline, will be eligible for interest free loan under this scheme. The state will waive off the interest on KCC loan for these farmers.
The scheme will be implemented through various phases. The first phase has already been inaugurated and the rest of the phases will start soon. The total budget allocated for all the phases is Rs. 1000 Cr.
Also for the KCC loan waiving purpose government has allocated Rs. 150 Cr. Farmers can enjoy interest free loan up to Rs. 3 Lac. For an incentive purpose the state government has allocated Rs. 300 Cr. In this purpose those who will repay KCC loan on time will get Rs. 3000/- as incentive. All these schemes will be effective to enhance the farmers’ standard of life