Rs 100 per 20 Kg bonus for Cotton farmers in Gujarat
The farmers in Gujarat can now expect relief against the natural crises on account of less rainfall and floods for their cotton yield this year. The relief bonus was officially announced by the government of Gujarat. The government will offer farmers with compensation in the form of bonus to help cover up the loss for this years yield.
- The new bonus scheme announced by the government will be launched within the state by the Gujarat Government under the leadership of Vinay Rupani (State’s Chief Minister and his cabinet).
- To make the process of implementation of the procurement successfully, the state government has announced to start centers in the state by Nov 1st
According to the latest updates the state government has also announced the set budget of Rs 1250 crore that shall be made use for the smooth implementation of the scheme.
- The state government will compensate Rs 100 bonus money to farmers for every 20 Kg produce of cotton.
- Farmers willing to sell their produce will be offered with Rs 500 extra compensation on produce of every quintal of cotton crop.
- The amount of Rs 500 shall be provided to the state farmers by the government above the MSP (Minimum support price) as extra compensation for staple cotton.
- The government has also announced to give the bonus amount to farmers for their over all yield of 50.50 million crop yield for this year.
- The CCI (Cotton Corporation of India) along with state government will look into the process of procurement for the farmers of the state.
- The benefit will be offered on the basis of total production data collected by the government for this year which is approximately 26.41 lakh hectares (around 5 percent less) as compared o 27.25 lakh hectares previous years.
- After the implementation of the scheme the government will also select over 40 out of 56 procurement centers for offering assistance to the farmers.
- Once the scheme has been implemented, each farmer will be offered with fixed price rate for every quintal yield along with the bonus money.
- The government will offer with bonus funds to the farmers in the form of insurance for smooth implementation of the scheme.
- Fasal Bima Yojana (FBY) by prime minister shall cover the insurance fund disbursement to the farmers.
- Premium coverage along with insurance coverage will be offered to the farmers. The amount will be disbursed by the government to cover all claims made by the farmers.
Bonus offered under the scheme for each cotton variety
- According to latest updates, the state government will bifurcate and distribute the bonus amount under three different categories, depending on the cotton variety.
- An amount of Rs 4020 is set as MSP by the government for small staple crop yield for every quintal of cotton.
- Rs 4270 shall be offered as MSP for medium staple cotton yield to each farmer by the State Government.
- The amount of Rs 4320 has been set up as MSP for Long staple cotton type on which the bonus will be applied by the government.
- The state government shall calculate the procurement after adding the bonus money to the MSP for each cotton variety for this year.
In recent time, Gujarat has been facing flood condition in most districts. This has affected the farmers and their produce. This step is taken by the government to offer assistance to the farmers for this Kharif season. Under this scheme the government aims at bridging the gap for farmers to help cover their losses.