Raj Sahakar Vyaktigat Durghatana Bima Yojana
These days a lot of new and interesting schemes are being launched by the state government for their respective states for the benefits of the people. The state government of Rajasthan as well has launched a new insurance scheme for the benefits of the farmers, which was launched on June 2016.
With the launch of this scheme 18 lakh farmers have been made beneficiaries of this scheme. This is an accidental insurance scheme that would benefit the farmer and his family in case he meets with an accident.
|Scheme Name||Raj Sahakar Vyaktigat Durghatana Bima Yojana|
|When did the scheme launched||In June month of 2016|
|Target Audience||Rajasthan’s Farmer|
|Total Number of Farmers going to be benefited with this scheme||Around 18 Lakh|
|Insurance coverage under this scheme||Rs. 5 Lakh|
|Premium Amount||Rs. 27 per year|
Details about the scheme
- Under this an insurance coverage of Rs.5 lakhs will be given to the farmers of Rajasthan in case they meet with any accident. The best part about the scheme is that it charges just Rs.27 as premium in a year.
- The plan of the Rajasthan government is to reach out to at least 25 lakh farmers in this financial year of which 18 lakh farmers have already become a part of this insurance scheme.
- Under this scheme the farmer has to pay Rs.27 premium in a year and Rs.13.50 will be paid by the cooperative central bank and Rajasthan cooperative bank each. And the farmer will be provided with an insurance coverage of Rs.5 lakhs.
Initially the Rajasthan government provided only Rs.3 lakhs insurance coverage under this scheme but now the insurance amount has been increased to Rs.5 lakhs. When compared to similar other insurance scheme that is run in different other states of the country, the insurance scheme offers higher insurance coverage amount and that too at very low premium rate.
Apart from the farmers the other Rajasthan account holders of the corporative banks will also be provided this insurance facility. But then the premium amount will be more for the other account holder. They will be provided an insurance coverage of Rs.5 lakhs but will have to pay Rs.54 as the premium amount every year.
So the main objective of this scheme is to benefit the farmers of the state to the maximum by letting them pay lower premium and get maximum insurance coverage in case of accidents. This insurance will not just benefit the farmer but will also benefit the family of the farmers and improve their socio-economic standards. So this insurance scheme comes as a good option for the farmers and other corporative bank account holders of the state.
- Bima Care under Samajwadi Kisan & Sarvhit Bima Yojana
- Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di Poori Rakam | Kisan Bus Yatra in Punjab