Pandit Deendayal Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Loan Yojana in Uttarakhand
In a recent event the CM of the state Uttarakhand, Shree Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched a new scheme for the farmers. In this scheme farmers will get farm loan in minimum rate of interest. Those who have repaid all their previous debts and those who have never taken any farm loans will be able to enjoy the benefit of lower interest rate under this scheme.
Key Features Deendayal Sehkarita Kisan Kalyan Yojana
- Aim: The scheme is a part of PM Modi’s initiative to double all the farmers’ income in the country by the year 2022. The main objective of the scheme is to increase the income of the farmers in the state.
- Interest Rate: Under this scheme only 2% interest rate will be offered. That is much lesser than the general market interest rate for farm loans.
- Beneficiaries: The scheme is launched to facilitate the poor and marginal farmers. Those who have already repaid previous debts or never taken any loan will be eligible.
- BPL Card: To avail the scheme the applicant has to have Below Poverty Line card. If the farmer is not listed under BPL list, then he will not be able to apply for the scheme.
Benefits Under the Scheme
- No interest burden on farmers: Under this scheme interest rate burden will get lesser for the small farmers. As now there will not be any debt burden or heavy interest payment for loan.
- Increase income: Under this scheme the real income of the farmers will get increased. As now they can enjoy more profit and less repayment costs.
- Employment opportunity: As the loan will be available at lower interest rates, people will get more opportunity for self employment in the agricultural sector.
- Less Migration: In Agricultural sector in Uttarakhand every year hundreds of farmers migrate to other states for better employment opportunities. With this scheme now migration can be reduced.
How to Apply for the yojana
As of now no online application details have been out. Farmers can apply through the co-operative societies in the rural areas. They will guide the applicant with the application form, further process and documentation regarding the same.
Launch Date of the scheme
On 1st of October 2017, the CM of Uttarakhand has launched the scheme. On the occasion of Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali’s death anniversary, Trivendra Singh has announced about the scheme. Though the implementation of the scheme has not been confirmed yet, but it is expected to start soon in the state.
Deendayal Scheme has launched to facilitate the poor and marginal farmers who don’t have financial stability. With the benefits of this scheme many poor and underprivileged farmers can earn income and those who are earning small amount can increase their real income.