Loan scheme for Societies of vegetable growers Haryana
A new loan scheme in expected to be launched by the Haryana Government in nearby future for the societies of vegetable and fruit growers. The main objective of this scheme would be focusing to encourage farmer societies for increasing the production and to improve storage, processing and marketing of good quality fruits and vegetables farmed by the state farmers.
Loan offered under this new scheme going to be launched by Haryana state government for its local farmers will be also given to Women Cooperative societies as well. As per the reliable sources it is confirmed that the scheme has been accepted by the Haryana Chief Minster Manohar Lal Khattar and waiting for its announcement date.
|1||Haryana State||Located in Northwest part of the Country|
|2||Average Rainfall||354.5 MM|
|3||Climatic Zones of the State||North Western part and South Western parts|
|4||Vegetation Carried in North Western Part||Rice, Wheat, Vegetable and temperate fruits|
|5||Vegetation Carried in South Western Part||Tropical fruits, exotic vegetables and herbal and medicinal plants|
Objective of the loan scheme
Haryana Government has planned this new loan scheme with two major objectives. The scheme will provide overall assistance to the fruit and vegetable growers and to provide them with a system that is well organized and caters to the needs of the growers. The financial help given under this scheme would help the growers in increasing their produce, manage post-harvest operations, and make better marketing aspects.
The scheme will implement the provision of loan to the Women Cooperative Societies which will lead to the development and welfare of the women as well.
The scheme has a system in which the growers of vegetables and the consumers are benefited by promoting the production of better quality vegetables and fruits which would get higher remunerative prices. This would benefit the grower’s societies and the Women Cooperative Societies also lays foundation to state growth.
- Under this, loan will be given to the growers for the purpose of production of fruits and vegetables, establishment of the processing unit, post-harvest management, technology up-gradation, purchase of crops used for production and purchase of the different machines and equipment required for growing and processing of vegetables and fruits.
- Under this loan scheme, the Haryana state government would provide a subsidy of Rs.1 lakh on a loan amount of Rs.5 lakhs or above. And in case the total loan amount is less than Rs.5 lakhs, 20% subsidy of the total loan amount with be given to the applicant.
- The loan will be provided for a duration of three to seven years. It will be a medium term loan and the amount would be recovered on a half yearly basis.
- The distribution of the loan amount would be done by the District Central Co-operative Banks. And the State Government would contribute the subsidy amount.
Benefits of the new loan scheme
- This new scheme for the vegetables and fruit grower’s societies would be of great help as it would solve farmer’s problem of getting essential finance support. Vegetables and fruit growers were in a need of such scheme that would provide them with a system of benefiting both growers and consumers of fruits and vegetables. This scheme would be a perfect solution to their problems.
- The scheme would provide the required financial help to the existing vegetable growers’ society and to the people who want to start growing fruits and vegetables. The scheme provides loans for different activities involved in the production of fruits and vegetables.
- Inclusion of Women Cooperatives in the scheme would maintain the welfare of the women, especially the ones in village areas.
- With the financial help provided to the growers, they will be able to produce and market better quality crops, which will be eligible for higher remuneration price.