Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di Poori Rakam | Kisan Bus Yatra in Punjab
Agriculture is one of the main occupations in India but then the people working in this sector have to face a lot of problems. Most of the farmers in the country are under huge debts which they cannot pay off. And because of this they are forced to commit suicide, leaving behind widows who are then debt ridden. To address this situation the some scheme have been launched in the state of Punjab.
|S.No||Things Need to be Aware||Detailed Information|
|1||Name of the scheme||Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di Poori Rakam (or) Kisan Bus Yatra|
|2||Scheme to be launched by||Punjab Congress chief, Amarinder Singh|
|3||Beneficiaries of the scheme||The widows of famers who committed suicide due to heavy debts, and farmers who submit Maang Patra|
|4||Scheme to be implemented in||The state of Punjab|
Kisan Bus Yatra
A lot of farmers in the districts of Punjab committed suicide because of the huge debt that they were covered under. To address this issue the Congress party assured the farmers and the widows of the late farmers that if they are back to power in the coming elections then they would pay off the debts of the famers and widows. The Congress government would help them in getting rid of the Karza, which means debt, which they have. As a part of the Congress campaign the Kisan Bus Yatra was conducted.
- The Kisan Bus Yatra was flagged off on 17th October 2016 and it was a three day affair. In this three days the bus covered around 500 kilometers covering a total of 7 Punjab districts. This bus yatra was made along with the widows of the farmers who have committed suicide due to heavy debts.
- The Congress committee invited the widows of the farmers to become a part of this campaign so that they can be free of their debts. As the bus moved across the 7 district people of Punjab were given the message that if Congress comes to power they will pay off all the debts that the widows have.
- The tagline used here was ‘Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di Poori Rakam’. This means ‘debt over and from now you will get the full price of the crops’.
- The main objective of the Congress government here is to provide a better life to the farmers of Punjab, and to the widows of the late farmers. And this can happen when the debt is gone. They want the farming family to get the full aunt of their farming and not spend it in paying of heavy debts.
- Also during the Yatra it was announced that a Maang Patra will be released in Punjab which is basically a pamphlet that will contain space where the farmers can write down their debt amount and request the Congress government to pay it off.
- This scheme will be implemented by the Congress government after 2017 elections, if the party comes to power.
This can be a beneficial scheme announced by congress which will be implemented if they win the upcoming election for the farmers who are in debt but as of now the scheme is being seen as an election campaign, to get more votes.