Fasal Bima Yojana – Haryana
Fasal Bima Yojana by Pradhan Mantri Shree Narendra Modi was launched in January 2016. Under this scheme the government will give the insurance coverage to the farmers if they lost their crops due to nay natural calamities. The scheme has covered Rabi fasal and Kharif fasal. On June 2016 the scheme has launched in the state of Haryana by the state government. There are some specific areas and crops that will be covered under the scheme in Haryana.
- Under this scheme the farmers from different areas in the state will get insurance coverage for their destroyed and lost crops from the government.
- The premium will be comparatively much lower for the crops. Only 1.5% will be the premium for the Rabi, 2% for the Kharif and 5% for the Baagwani crops.
- Farmers who will lose their crops in any natural calamities such as Cyclone, Storm, Flood, Tsunami, Heavy rainfall and so on then the coverage can be realised from the government.
- If the crops get destroyed after harvesting then also the farmers can realise coverage under the scheme but in this case there will be some conditions and eligibility that farmers need to consider.
Here you can go for Key Features of PM Fasal Bima Yojana
The entire areas in Haryana will be divided in three clusters under this scheme.
- Cluster 1: Sirsa, Bhiwani, Faridabad, Kaithal, Rewari, Kurukshetra, Panchkula
- Cluster 2: Gurgaon, Sonipat, Ambala, Hisar, Mahendergarh, Jind
- Cluster 3: Panipat, Rohtak, Mewat, Yamunanagarh, Fatehabad, Palwal, Jhajjar
- At the time of sowing or planting if the crops get destroyed due to heavy rain fall, cyclone or any other hail storm or land sliding then the insurance coverage will be available.
- During the time starts from sowing till harvesting (standing crops) if the crops get destroyed through any natural calamities such as cyclone, hail storm, tsunami, flood, dry, draught and such then also the coverage is available.
- 2 weeks after the harvest if natural calamities like tsunami, cyclone, heavy rain, flood and other natural calamities destroy the crops then also coverage can be realised.
- Local calamities such as land slide, local hail storm, pesticides and such destruction will also be covered by the scheme.
Here you can go for Insurance Coverage Under Fasal Bima Yojana
|Reliance General Insurance company||Cluster 1|
|Bajaj Allianz General Insurance company||Cluster 2|
|ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company||Cluster 3|
Here you can go for Top Agricultural Insurance Companies India
- Farmers who are under Seasonal Agricultural Operations Loans from any Loaner Farmers or any financial institutions will be mandatorily eligible for the scheme.
- Tenant farmers and share croppers are also eligible for this scheme. For the non-loanee farmers the scheme is optional.
Here you can go for Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana