Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The government has already started the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. Under this, the farmers will get monetary assistance from the government if any damage is done to the crops, due to any natural calamity. The farmers will not have to bother about the high premium of the crop insurance policies. If you are interested to enroll under the scheme, then take a look at the legal documents that you will require while making the application as well as making the claim.
Documents for Applying Process
During the application under the PMFBY, the farmers or the agricultural workers will have to provide the following documents with the insurance papers:
- Documents related to the land – Any farmer will be able to opt for the protection of crops with the insurance policy. It is not mandatory for them to be the owner of the land. If the farmers are farming on rented land, they will be able to get the insurance as well. But for approval of the application, the farmers will have to provide the photocopy of the legal papers of the land.
- Identity proof – It is mandatory for the applicant to provide photocopies for supporting their identity claim. Any document that has the name, address and a photograph of the applicant will be accepted. One can provide the Aadhar Card, Pan Card, ration card, voter ID card or any such document.
- Documents of Bank account – As the premium amount must be deposited into bank account and the money received during the claim settlement will also be transferred to the bank account of the farmer, it is mandatory for the agricultural worker to provide bank account details.
- Sowing declaration – Apart from the documents mentioned above, the farmer will also have to furnish the declaration of the land. The certificate will contain all details related to the crop planted in the land and its estimated valuation.
- Aadhar Card – Last but not the least; the farmer will have to provide his Aadhar Card details. The Unique Identification Code has been made compulsory for every government scheme. It has also been made mandatory for seeding with the bank account. Aaadhar Card Mandatory In Fasal Bima Yojana
Documents Required for Claiming Process
If the crop gets damaged in the course of time, due to any natural calamity, the farmer is entitled to get the amount that has been mentioned in the insurance policy papers. If you have to make the claims, then you will have to provide the following documents:
- Claim form – For getting the insurance money, the farmer will have to collect the claim form and submit it to the respective authority after filling in a proper manner. Make sure that all necessary details are present in the form.
- Land records – Providing the details of land on which the crop was raised is a must. With the valid information, the authority will be able to do the verifications and support the claims of the farmers.
- Information of the insurance agency – If the farmer has taken the insurance policy via some third party insurance agency, then they will also have to provide all details of the company. It is necessary as the claims will be settled through the agency.
- Certificate of Insurance – Along with the insurance claim papers, the farmers will also have to submit a copy of the actual insurance policy certificate. It will also assist the claim settling authority in verification process.
- Photographs of crop loss – To get the insurance money, the farmers will also have to attach two photographs of the destroyed crops. It will give the authority a real picture of the devastation caused.
- Sowing certificates – Last but not the least; all the farmers, seeking to get the insurance claim money, will have to attach a photocopy of the sowing certificate. It will also come in handy during the claim settlement process.
You need to remember that all the photocopies that you will be submitting, either with the application form or the claiming form must be attested in a proper manner.