Crop Insurance Portal under Fasal Bima Yojana
The Government of India has launched an exclusive Crop Insurance Portal for the better management of all the activities and information under the Fasal Bima Yojana. The objective of this portal is to provide a faster, common and a uniform platform which the farmers can use to get valid information under government Crop insurance programs.
The objective of the portal
- The portal has been maintained by the Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and the Government of India to provide a united platform where farmers, financial institutions, insurance companies and Government agencies can come together to gain and provide information related to Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- The whole idea of the portal is to provide support, offer information to the poor and needy farmers about the insurance benefits that they can avail, and making the whole process of claiming and allotting insurance much faster and convenient.
About the Crop Insurance Portal
|Crop Insurance Portal URL||http://www.agri-insurance.gov.in/|
|Name of Android of based Mobile App||Crop Insurance|
|Date on which Mobile App Launched||December 23, 2015|
|Mobile App can be downloaded from?||Google Play Store, http://www.mkisan.gov.in/ or from http://www.agri-insurance.gov.in/|
|Time Frame Set from State Government to Judge the damaged Insurance Units||7 days|
|Loss Assessment Report must be submitted within||15 days|
|Modes in which Crop Insurance Portal works||Farmer, State, Company, and Banks|
|State which has high number of Notified village Units||Odisha with over 50 K villages|
The portal has been designed in two phases
Phase 1 details
- Notification regarding crops and scheme of the Kharif and Rabi season has been made available on the portal for the access of farmers, financial companies and Government agencies.
- The State Government agencies and Insurance companies have been notified to put up all the required information so that the farmers get to know about it timely. Information like premium cut-off dates, application dates, etc. are available on the portal.
- Under this Phase an Insurance Premium Calculator has been developed as well. This will help the farmers in knowing the scheme details, sum insured, premium amount, etc. To focus on a particular area or scheme, there is also an Android based, ‘Crop Insurance’, mobile app that has been developed and launched.
- Online form submission by farmers has also been made possible under this Phase.
Under the Phase 2 development, online verification of Land records will be made possible. Along with this the development of a system will take place which will generate a standard bid document. And more over an interface for e-transmission of data, documents and information will be created for the easy exchange of data.