Chief Minister Saur Krishi Vahini Scheme Agriculture Solar Feeder In Maharashtra (mahalabharthi.in)
Maharashtra government has announced about a scheme under which farmers will get electricity at lower price. Chief Minister Saur Krishi Vahini Scheme is a scheme in Maharashtra where the state government will install solar panels in diverse areas in the district level and generate electricity for the farmers.
Key Features Saur Krishi Vahini Scheme
- Objective: The main aim of the scheme is to provide continuous electricity power to those farmers who don’t have power at home. Also it will be much cheaper so that everyone can afford it.
- Solar panel Installation: According to latest reports the state government has already completed the tender and approval process for the installation of solar panels. Installation has been started already and soon they will complete 500MW in the state.
- Land: The authority will use farmers’ land for this scheme. Farmers will lend their piece of lands on rent to the government for at the max 15 years to install solar panels.
- Beneficiaries: This scheme is for the farmers of the state. However not all the farmers are being considered, only poor and marginal farmers will be eligible to get the benefit. Total 4000 farmers will get total of 20 MW power under this scheme.
- Implementation: As of now the scheme hasn’t started officially. It is still in experimental stage. Latur and Solapur are the two places where units are running at this moment. There will be Agro-Pumps to channelize the continuous electricity to every home for 12 long hours.
Advantage of the Scheme
- Cheaper: The biggest advantage of the scheme, apart from having continuous electricity, is that it comes at cheaper price. The state has mentioned that the price per unit of electricity under this scheme will be from Rs. 1.2/- to Rs. 3/- only.
- Low Implicit cost: Also for the power development units the implicit cost will be controlled and hence power development under this scheme will be much cheaper than before.
- Renewable system: Solar energy is renewable. It will last longer and will be totally environmental friendly. The input cost for development of power will be cheaper.
Budget for the Scheme
Budget for the scheme isn’t decided yet. As of now the government is focussing on reducing the debts on consumption of power. As per the reports approximately Rs. 3700 Cr outstanding bill is still due by the consumers in rural areas. The authority is trying to lowering down the debts by deducting some of the grants given to the local governmental authorities, though not confirmed yet.
The scheme has announced in this year 2017. CM has put the first milestone of the project while doing the ground breaking ceremony (Bhumipujan). It was held in Ralegan Siddhi, a district area in Maharashtra. On this occasion CM announced about the first solar project. The installation process has been started and expected to be finished by the first quarter of the year 2018. Officially the first phase has started. It is been said that the scheme will again launch finally in April 2018 when formally users can use the facilities under the scheme.
Along with CM Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana, the state government of Maharashtra has started a new online portal https://www.mahalabharthi.in/en. This portal will have all the important scheme news and details. This new portal will be helpful for the people who are willing to avail the benefits of state-run schemes.