Bima Care under Samajwadi Kisan & Sarvhit Bima Yojana
The government of Uttar Pradesh has launched a new insurance scheme for the farmers called Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana. Also they have launched another insurance scheme for the others called Sarvhit Bima Yojana. This type of insurance scheme is launched for the sake for the betterment of those who do not have any type of insurance.
15 crore people reside in the state at present. For the benefit of the population, the UP government has decided to implement the scheme thoroughly. Today we are going to tell you what this scheme will provide and how you can reap its benefits.
Overview – Samajwadi Kisan & Sarvhit Bima Yojana
The Chief Minister made a statement that the yojana will be launched in the state soon. Now in a matter of three months the scheme is all set to be launched.
The Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana will provide the farmers an insurance cover to as many as 3 crore agricultural households in the state. Along with that the households that have an annual income less than Rs. 75000 will be extended the Samajwadi Kisan & Sarvhit Bima Yojana. The scheme will benefit all farmers up to the age of 70 years who have been registered under Khatauni and Khasra.
The main objectives of the scheme
Through this scheme, the UP government aims to provide the farmers financial security. Many a times the farmers have crops that go wasted. The farmers have to then take loans from the money lenders in order to carry out their livelihood. There is a dire need for the farmers to have an insurance scheme besides the crop insurance which the center is providing. This is why the UP government has come forward to help them get this insurance.
The state government has marked the end of the old “Krishak Durghatna Bima Yojana” by launching this scheme. The agricultural sector is facing an imminent threat from natural and manmade conditions. Since agriculture is such an intricate part of the state, this insurance scheme was launched to help the farmers survive extreme conditions.
What are the main benefits the scheme?
The main benefits of the scheme are listed below –
- If you are a beneficiary of this insurance scheme then you would get a cashless treatment facility. A medical facility of up to Rs. 2.5 lakh will be provided to the beneficiary or his or her family.
- The individual accident that can be covered under this scheme is Rs. 5 lakh – in case of both temporary and/or permanent disability. The same can be provided to the head of the family.
- Even if you have got into an accident outside of the state, you will be given this facility. If there is any mutilation then an assistance of Rs. 1 lakh will be provided for assimilating the artificial part to the beneficiary.
- The eligible candidates would be provided the “Samajwadi Kisan & Sarvhit Bima Yojana Care Card” for free. Also they will be given a medical treatment up to Rs. 25000 if the needs are of first aid category.
The best part is that if you belong to the BPL families or if you are a Samajwadi Pension Yojana beneficiary, then you do not need to show any income proof in order to be enrolled in this scheme.
Since the scheme aims to improve the conditions of the weaker sections of the society, all the BPL households will be given this facility without having to show any documents of their income.
How can I avail this scheme?
To claim this scheme you will have to come up with certain documents. These documents are –
- Age certificate: the age certificate should be of the head of the family. This can be provided by submitting the birth certificate or other documents.
- Certificate of registration: If you have registered in the Khasra or Khatauni then only you will get this benefit. Hence you have to submit the document of registration there as a proof.
- Income certificate: You will have to submit the income certificate. But of course as already mentioned, if you hail from BPL you don’t have to.
- Apart from this you have to submit savings bank account number, IFSC code, Bank name, etc.
In case of death or disability, you will have to submit the doctor’s certificate. A family distribution letter and a copy of the FIR also have to be submitted. However, these are better understood by consulting your local authorities. In some cases you might not need them.
How to claim the scheme?
Many a times, people face an issue with claiming the scheme because they are unable to get in touch with the authorities. If anything or anyone is blocking you from getting the help you need you may call the helpline number mentioned below which will be on 24 x 7. This was done to remove any notorious acts in between.
|Serial No.||Information regarding||Data|
|1||Helpline number to call||1502|
|2||Chief minister of UP||Akhilesh Yadav|
|3||Farmers eligibility age||18 to 70 years|