Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana
The Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana is launched in Odisha to offer the farmers with a better treatment to different health conditions. This is a health insurance scheme for the farmers. It cannot be denied that a huge number of farmers are not able to get the proper treatment they need. In fact the death toll of farmers in villages increased to an unimaginable limit in the last years. With the introduction of this scheme, the farmer will get better health treatment opportunities. The most important factor of this scheme is, the government will offer treatment for farmers at low cost. To offer a better health condition and treatment in case of health issues is the objective of this scheme.
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Important Points
- Firstly, the scheme offers a tension free life for the farmers and poor people in villages. Not only medicine, the surgery facilities are also available in this scheme. It is going to change the overall health conditions to the poor and unprivileged people of Odisha.
- Secondly, the people will get medical incentives when they need health checkups or get admitted in hospital for surgeries. When an individual is admitted to general ward, they will get hundred rupees per day as medical incentive. And if an individual is admitted for surgery or intensive care, he/she will receive 1000 rupees per day for intensive care.
- The scheme helps poor farmers to get the orthopedic and pathology treatment. Also, they will get treatments for dialysis, radiology and eye care from this scheme. Farmers must bring the health card along with them to get this facility. The government offers a health card for farmers.
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Benefits
- The poor people will get treatment at low cost. Also, the government offers pregnant women additional benefits for treatment. In normal condition, a pregnant woman will get thirty thousand rupees for treatment. If the condition is critical she will get seventy thousand rupees for treatment.
- This scheme is great for a family. There are a lot of poor families who cannot maintain the expense of a newborn baby. This scheme can help them run those expenses.
The Chief Minister of Odisha introduced this scheme for the benefit of poor farmers. Farmers are the reason we are getting to have our food. Odisha depend a lot on farming and cultivation. This is the reason, the state government is so focused in keeping their farmers safe and in healthy conditions. It shows how the state government wants Odisha to reach its peak. If farmers are able to lead a healthy lifestyle, the productivity of a state will automatically increase. But the government needs to make sure that all the farmers are aware of this scheme. The poor farmers need to be encouraged to get the health/medical cards offered in hospitals. This card is important because without this card, they will not get the facilities and benefits without this card.
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Key Factors
|SL NO||Scheme||Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana|
|1.||Launch date||13th November 2013|
|4||Launched by||Navin Patnaik|
|5.||Total premium||Rs 287.15 crore|
|6.||Total number of families registered||57,60,505|
- Agriculture Investment Credit Scheme Rajasthan
- 3 crore Kisan Credit Cards to be converted to RuPay Cards