Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana for Haryana Farmers (MSP)
The Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana is a scheme dedicated for the farmers. It is getting launched in Haryana to help farmers cover the prices of their crop. This will bridge the gap between the farmers’ produce and their losses. Let us learn more about this scheme in details.
This scheme has only been announced now. It will launch from 1st January 2018. The state agricultural department will join hands with the state government to supervise this scheme. Once launched, all the farmers of this scheme can take its benefits.
Key features of the scheme
- Aim of the scheme: As we can understand, the main aim of the scheme is to ensure that the farmers are getting the best possible prices for their crops – so that their loss is reduced.
- MSP: The government will fix a Minimum Support Price or MSP for vegetables as well as other crop produce so that they are able to get a reasonable price for their crops.
- Benefit: The benefit of this is that the farmers will be able to recuperate the losses for their vegetables. The government will also give them markets t sell their produce directly.
- Bharpai aka Compensation: If in case, even after the sale the farmers incur losses, the loss amount shall be compensated. The government shall pay the farmers the amount lost in the transaction.
- Demanded crops: So as to ensure that the farmers’ crops sell, the government has made it mandatory to produce those crops which are in demand in the nearby areas.
- Peri-urban farming system: The Per-urban farming system will ensure that the farmers are able to get more profit compared to what they used to.
- Around 25 % of the land of farmers will be covered under this scheme. This is to ensure that the highest possible benefits reach the farmers.
- The government has also put its focus on the markets. It has ensured that at least 500 acres of land are dedicated to the international vegetables and fruits market.
- The markets are more likely to be set up in Ganaur and Sonipat. Besides fruits and vegetables, also a flower market is all set to be opened in Gurugram area.
- A similar market for milk products shall also set up in nearby areas. Also, the government will establish a market under the Indo-Israel project.
This scheme was the need of the hour because the condition of the farmers in Haryana was truly heartwarming. To ensure that they get fair prices for their crops and that their produce does not go to waste, some of these stringent laws have been put into place.