Atal Mahaaphan Vikas Abhiyan in Maharashtra
The Maharashtra state government has announced the launch of a new scheme termed as Atal Mahaaphan Vikas Abhiyan. The new scheme is aimed at improving the living standard of farmers in the state. Under this new scheme implemented the Maharashtra government will offer financial assistance to the farmers and women of the state for getting established in the corporative sector. This assistance will be provided by the government through out the state of Maharashtra.
- The state government had taken an initiative of announcing the new scheme for implementation for the financial year 2017.
- The scheme was officially announced for implementation by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Mr. Devendra Fadnavis.
- It is also expected that the state government will implement the scheme state wide by 2017 year end.
- Main Aim – According to the government sources the main aim of the scheme is to help increase the income for the state’s farmers. Under the scheme the process of doubling income will be achieved by 2022 and thus it will prove helpful in improving the life style of the farmers. It will also help in improving the status of women in the state.
- Necessity – As the cooperative sector in the state needs funds for establishing and operating so the state government will try and provide with necessary financial assistance. This in turn will prove helpful for improving the performance of corporative sector.
- Assistance – According o the sources the government will offer financial help to over five thousand selected cooperatives so they can get started with establishing their business under the non-banking sector within the rural areas.
- Registration– The state government has announced that all cooperative societies that belong to the private sector are eligible to get registered under this scheme. Any cooperative who wants to seek benefit from the non-banking sector can also get registered under this scheme. Each business that is set up within the state under this scheme will be categories under private, public or cooperative partnership.
- Benefits – one of the main benefits hat shall be offered under this scheme is that the government will work towards generating better job opportunities for people in rural areas. It will help cooperative sectors to generate source of income and at the same time it will help people to get established. All benefits will be provided by the non-banking sector of the state for rural area development.
- Benefit for women –The state government has made it very clear that women SHG will also be able to take benefit under this scheme. All guidance shall be provided by the government itself. At the same time state’s farmers will also be benefited by the scheme.
- Campaign under the scheme – To better implement the scheme within the state, the government shall be organizing campaigns in various districts and village. This is to ensure that more number of women and farmers will get connected with the scheme for taking the benefit. This will encourage more number of rural people to try and earn their source of income.
The state government had announced the introduction of this scheme to help improve the life style of people staying in rural areas. For better implementation of the scheme the government will also run campaigns within the state. The government will ensure that more private organizations will offer with funding facilities for the agricultural sector.