Advanced farming Enriched farmers Scheme In Maharashtra
The government of Maharashtra has announced the launch of a new scheme in the state which aims at increasing the overall output along with reducing the production cost for farmers. The new scheme thus launched is named Advanced Farming (enriched farmers) scheme. Under this launched scheme the state government expects to double the overall income for state farmers. It is also expected that the government aims at lowering the production cost and increasing the overall output production in the state.
Features which would be targeted
The government has already declared that under this new launched scheme it will state each of the Tehsil in the district as a unit. It will use this for implementing plans for agricultural development in that unit. The main features which it aims to perform under this scheme are as follows.
- Increase in Production – With the implementation of the Advanced farming scheme in the state of Maharashtra the government aims at improving the overall production in some of the major crops within the state by introducing better farming methods.
- Diversity – By implementing new farm techniques in the state the government will provide all necessary grants to the farmers so they can focus on yielding different types of crops on their farming lands.
- Making farmers aware of the marketing techniques – Under the scheme the government also aims to educating the farmers with new marketing techniques that they can make use of so they get more money for their yield as compared to the loan amount they take.
- Linking farmers to producing companies – The scheme implemented also aims at forming a single unit for each Tehsil. This is done with an aim to link each of these units directly to the producing companies and groups for maximizing production and income for farmers.
- Financial stability to farmers – The state government has clearly mentioned that it shall be investing around 60 percent for implementing new techniques for farmers (transplanters, tractors, and power tillers) in better improved packing, grinding and polishing machines. This will certainly reduce the burden for farmers as they can invest more money in production of better quality crops.
Launch date, Season and Campaign duration
- The state government had launched the Advanced farming scheme for farmers at the time of announcing the financial budget 2017-18 on March.
- Apart from this the government has also announced that it shall be implementing the new scheme for farmers at the time of Kharif season in the state.
- The Maharashtra state government has also announced that it shall be organizing a Campaign for farmers called as “Farmers outreach campaign”. The campaign shall be organized by the state government between 25th May and 8th June this year. In the campaign farmers will be provided with guidelines of latest techniques they can use for increasing their crop production.
- According to the Maharashtra state government it is aiming at offering farmers with better grants that can be used by the farmers for constructing shade nets, green houses and onion shades on their farm lands.
- Apart from this the government is also aiming at offering 60 percent financial help that can be made use of by the farmers for investing in purchasing better machines and other farming equipments for polishing, grinding and packing crops and produce.
The new scheme has been launched by the state government to help benefit farmers in the state. The scheme was officially announced by the state government at the time of revising the new budget under Finance minister Sudhir Mungantiwar. Apart from this the government also aims at doubling the income for local farmers and lowering the money they have to invest at the time of crop farming.
Under the scheme the government has also passed a resolution stating the formation of different units under Tehsils where the focus would be to help farmers get better price for their crops.
- UP Farmer Loan Kissan Karz Mafi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in Uttar Pradesh
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Crop Rotation (Principles,Types, Benefits,Disadvantages )