Aadhar Card Mandatory in Crop Insurance for farmers
According to the latest updates the government has made Aadhar card mandatory for any farmer who needs to avail insurance policy for the crops planted for this Kharif season.The notice was issued by the agricultural ministry for various banks and financial institutions for rural areas ( Top Agricultural Insurance Company). The notice was issued by the government authorities to comply with the new regulations that were imposed to act from this Kharif season.(Minimum Support Price (MSP) & Bonus For Kharif Crops In Year 2017-18.)
Date of implementation
According to the government sources the notice was issued by the government for implementation starting from 1st April 2017 (Kharif season). Here you can read (Impact of GST on Agricultural Sector Or Farmers.)
Notifications from the government
- It is stated that the central government has notified all leading banks and financial institutions to implement and administer the scheme for farmers starting this fiscal year 2017 at the time of sowing Kharif crops.
- At the time of implementation farmers are also expected to undergo the process of verification and authentication of their Aadhar card numbers. According to sources farmers will have to submit their Aadhar cards or relevant proofs before availing for the insurance policy for their crops.
Here you can read
Notifications to the financial institutions
- The government has also asked banks and financial institutions to notify farmers to produce their Aadhar cards for the process of verification in the respective banks.
- This is required at the time of inspection, disbursement, renewal or sanction of the loan amount at the time of application or during their visit in the respective bank branch.
“State governments have announced special loan facility for the betterment of the farmers, here you can read about –
- Zero interest crop loan scheme In Arunachal Pradesh
- UP Farmer Loan Kissan Karz Mafi Yojana
- Zero Interest Crop Loan Scheme in Assam
- Karza Kurki Khatam, Fasal di Poori Rakam “
Other options stated by government for farmers
Even if the state government has been issued a notice to provide farmers with Aadhar cards still they have been asked to offer with other options to the beneficiaries for completing enrollment procedure.
- The state government has been asked to furnish other documents including enrollment slip for Aadhar card, MGNREGA job card, Voter ID and bank passbook at the time of applying for the crop insurance.
- This will be mandatory for each farmer till they have been provided with their Aadhar cards by the state government in case they want to enroll under PMFBY (PM’s Fasal Bima Yojana) or RWBCI (Restructured crop insurance – weather based) schemes.
- In case any farmer is not having any of the above mentioned documents then it is certain that he can also provide the banks or financial institutions with their driving license copy at the time of applying for any of the above mentioned schemes or policies.
- Even if the farmers are providing with their license copy still it is mandatory that they have to provide a copy of slip for Aadhar card enrollment.
- The state government will only issue the policy to the farmers once the process of verification of the above mentioned documents have been completed by the officials of the state government.
Here you can go for
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Aim | Objective | Key Features
- Agricultural Education
- How to Apply For PM Fasal Bima Yojana PMFBY
What do the insurance policies offer to the farmers?
- Both insurance policies implemented by the government RWBCI and PMFBY are aimed at offering farmers with crop based insurance coverage.
- The two insurance schemes are set to offer with comprehensive coverage of insurance in case the farmer fails to yield good crops during the cropping seasons.
- Apart from this the two insurance schemes implemented by the government are also set at offering with lower insurance rates for farmers such that they can pay the premium coverage without investing big money in the schemes.
- Under the RWBCIS insurance policy the farmers are only expected to pay a premium amount of 2 percent for sowing Kharif crop, 5 percent for commercial crops and 1.5 percent for Rabi crops.
Here you can go for
The state government has also set up departments in various locations in the states to help farmers enroll for the Aadhar card. Farmers are requested to visit the nearest centre for getting enrolled for Aadhar card. Farmers can also submit a copy of their mobile bills or ration cards via the web portal set up by the government at these centres.